Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Content on this site is free to use under the Creative Commons License unless otherwise noted.

25 May 2011

Stylish Blogger Award and an update to my Blogs Apperance

Well I needed to repost this since for some reason the initial one was lost in cyberspace after i hit publish.

Stylish Blogger Award




Thank You
Well just seen over on Adam's (Zombie Ad) blog http://theleadwillwalktheearth.blogspot.com/ he is nominating me for the Stylish Blogger Award. First of I would like to say thanks for the nomination.

Now for the award there are a couple things one needs to do upon receiving the nomination and the rules are as follows:
  1. A thank you and link back to the nominating blog.
  2. Share seven things about yourself.
  3. Pass the award on to 10 or so other deserving blogs.
  4. Let them know of your nominating them for the award.
.
Well on to the rest of the list since I did #1 above.

Seven things about me:

1) I was born and raised and still live in the Flint, Michigan area, and yes it is how the news actually makes it out to be.
2) I am a child of the 80's, born 1980 and prefer the music from that era (and earlier) over the stuff released in the 90's and later.
3) I am a Technogeek. I love gadgets such as my iPod (160 GB iPod Classic, and 8GB iPod Touch) my Android OS phone (Motorola Droid), my computers (desktop and laptop), etc...
4) I have worked for a small student owned and operated landscaping company while in High School, at a Scout Summer camp during high school, a Fast Food Restaurant, the US Army (basic Training, ended up injuring shoulder then getting discharged), a Gentleman's club (Strip Club) as a bartender, and currently as a Sales Rep for a photography studio.
5) I am an avid Photographer, going to school for photography, and have been paid to to some portrait sessions and modeling sessions (mostly friends and family).
6) I spoil my cat as though he was a kid, bought him stuff like his own fleece throw blanket (a $20 blanket), numerous toys, and am always buying him moist cat food and giving it to him as a "treat" just because I like to spoil him.
7) I am an avid Zombie movie fan and reader of Zombie fiction. I have read World War Z by Max Brooks a good 100+ times from cover to cover, and am always noticing things I had previously missed in past readings. Another book I read regularly is Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers, I try to read it at least twice a year , once in May/June then again in Nov/Dec.

And the Nominees are:

1) Vampifans World of the Undead- A great Zombie Blog run by Bryan, a great guy. Would love to have him sitting at my game table any day of the week. Like me a fan of the Two Hour Wargames game All Things Zombie.
2)Obvisouly Dead- Anotehr great Blog, plus Oliver like Bryan is a great guy, and another ATZ fan, who I wouldn't mind sitting at my table for a game or two or 20.
3) Tactical Miniatures Gaming _ Willy, aka LTL Dad, aka Veloci, is a great guy and I always look forward to bat reps. A great guy who can sit down at my gaming table and join in any time he wants.
4) Chez Ebbles- Christopher Roe's (aka Mel Ebbles of Ebbles miniatures fame), a great cardstock model designer. I am a big fan of his models and have been building some of the vehicles and his Folding Unit Structures for use in my ATZ games.
5) 2 Hour Blog- The blog for Two Hour Wargames, nominated this sicne I am not sure if the THW Yahoo Group would qualify. If you play ATZ or any of the THW games, the yahoo group is the place to go if you have any questions, if Ed doesn't answer the one of the many knowledgeable group members over there will answer and 99.99% of the time they will give you the same answer Ed would.
6) Zed Storm Rising- Darrell, while he hasn't posted in almost 2 months, does have a great WIP of a scale model of his actual house that he is making for his zombie games.
7) Down Among the Zed Men- Colin (CMNash) is the guy I stole, borrowed, the PEF miniature idea from. Another great guy who can sit at my gaming table for some sessions of ATZ.
8) Rebel Miniatures- The blog for Rebel Miniatures, a great source for 15mm zombie figures.
9) Quick and the Zed- While a fairly new blog, I have been following Spartan117's work on a couple forums for a bit now.
10) Akula's Blog- A great blog with links to Akul's various project blogs. Akula is the creator of Akula's Rules: Skirmish Edition (AR:SE) and its variants that he originally created for FU:UK forums Salute hosted a couple of years ago.


Again I would like to thank Adam for nominating me for the award, it is the first award I have been nominated for that I know of. Now I might have to have an Awards area on my blog.

Edit 26May2011: I decided to fiddle around with my blogs appearance. It may be changing again in the next couple weeks. I finally got around to adding more links to Manufacturers and a couple of gaming forums. I do have more written down on a list to add as I get the free time.

7 comments:

  1. You deserve it Sir...your campaign depth really is awesome. Now...where's our Batrep? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congratulations, Doug. As Adam said, you thoroughly deserve it. And, a big thank you for nominating my site. I'm honoured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bryan- If you read how the rules are #3 says pass the Award on to 10 or so other deserving Blogs. So you also have received it, to accept it all you need to do know is Give thanks to the one(s) who nominated you, list the 7 things about you, and then Pass it on to 10 or so others and let them know. I will be trying to contact the ones on my list of Nominees over the next day or so, to let them know I am passing the Award on to them.

    I did do a brief search about the award and it does appear that once Nominated you have received the award, you just need to do as the rules state for it to be official. Though I could be wrong since it was a quick search for info on the Award.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that, Doug. I'm posting my own award nominees later today. This is why there was no posting yesterday. My nominations came right out of the blue and I knew I had to respond rather than go with the review I had planned to do. Prepping this poat took far longer than I anticipated.
    The new look to your blog is a vast improvement on your previous look No disrespect but I always found it hard to read blue type on a black background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, you do nice stuff in your blog. I have a Flint near to where I live, it's a bit of a dump, I'm sure yours is far better. Keep up the ace work, love the photography.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and a big thank you for nominating me.
    I really like the new appearance. Hope you'll find some time to do a game (and batrep) soon! Never can have enough batreps :o)

    Whiteface / Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  7. Irqan- Flint, MI is the definition of a Post Apocalyptic wasteland. It is a run down dump with numerous abandoned, collapsing, comdemed buildings, including the tallest one in the County, the Genesee Towers building. This building is in such a poor state they have the streets around it closed of due to chunks of the building breaking off, and the city now owns the building , but they can't afford to demolish it.

    ReplyDelete