Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Content on this site is free to use under the Creative Commons License unless otherwise noted.

10 December 2011

Still alive and kicking.

I am still alive and kicking. Just been busy working. Played a couple more small games of ATZ, unfortunately no pics or bat-reps since they are more just quick time consumers here and there. Other then that been playing some more Wii, just finished Lego Pirates of the Caribbean the game, now working on a game from probably the greatest non-zombie series ever, The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. Great game even though I am still towards the beginning of the game.

I am hoping to have an actual batrep with pics here after the Holidays, though there is no guarantee, especially since real life likes to intervene when you don't want it to.

Now on a side note, I have already made my New Years Resolution, I want to lose about 20lbs by around March, and work towards getting the 6-pack abs I had back in 1999/2000. To help me out with this goal I am going to be working out with Wii Fit Plus. One reason I want to lose some excess weight is primarily to get back into shape, as we all know Rule #1 is Cardio, due to my last couple jobs, McDonald's (not beneficial to trying to stay healthy, especially when on your break you are limited to a burger and fries, if you wanted a salad you had to play for it out of your pocket) then working in a strip club where most the time I was just sitting there and it seemed like always had some pizza that one of the other employees or that a dancer had ordered and only wanted a slice or two, I ended up putting on extra pounds/Kilos. Luckily the job I have now I do a lot of walking so that is helping me get back into shape, but unfortunately it doesn't help me lose the gut I have put on over the past 10 years or so. One reason I have decided to go the Wii Fit Plus route is due to the fat that I am able to easily track my progress vs. if I went to a gym and worked out. I am planning on getting the EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii and some of the additional accessories such as additional resistance bands (medium and heavy), a yoga mat, etc...


Update 12/18/2011: I now have EA Sports Active 2 and a yoga mat. The additional accessories such as the medium and heavy resistance bands will most likely be bought next week, if either of the K-Marts that we have a studio in that I am covering have the EA Sports Active 2 workout kit left. I have noticed so far in a brief testing of EA Sports Active 2 that there are a few exercises I may not be able to do, mainly the push ups, due to a bad shoulder (first hit by a truck in 1991 on that side which did some damage, then enlisting in the US Army and re-injuring the shoulder, while trying to continue on and hide the injury from the Drill Sergeants, resulting in more damage being done, plus doing physical therapy exercises (that the Army Physical Therapist gave me without having a Dr. look at my shoulder or preforming any X-Rays/MRI's/ect... to see what the injury was) that I later find out from my civilian Dr. when I got out and the Sports Medicine therapist I was sent to, are not exercises that one does for the injury I had, doing them can actually do more damage).

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Doug. Good to hear that you've got some games of ATZ under your belt. I wouldn't worry too much about not posting them. Practice games are for learning the rules, not really for sharing.

    Also, best of luck with the weight loss plan. I hope it all goes well for you. I'd also like to take this opportunity to wish you all the best for Christmas and the New Year. Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryan- They arent really practice games,since I have been playing ATZ since the 1st Ed. These games are more of a small lets waste some time and play a quick snatch and grab type scenario, where my character(s) focus on either a) clearing one building or b) finding some sort of loot in said building.

    As for my weight loss goal again that goes back to Rule #1 Cardio, its better be get in shape and be prepared now that wait till the SHTF. I am figuring that since I dont work Christmas Day and its a Sunday I can begin my Wii Fit regime on that day, right now what I have been doing with Wii Fit is fooling around getting a idea of what some of the exercises are. I do know I am planning on doing the Yoga exercises once I get a Yoga Mat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you again. Good luck with you 2012 plan. I'm up for a fortune reading session with the Docs next week and I predict it'll be something on the lines you're suggesting. :-0

    ReplyDelete