Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Content on this site is free to use under the Creative Commons License unless otherwise noted.

25 November 2010

Computer Games and Hardware Requirements

Its official I hate computer games that have certain Hardware requirements. I know this isn't necessarily a Zombie related post, but just got Fallout: New Vegas today (finally) and I hate it. My computer meets all the specs for the game, yet I can't seem to play it. I keep getting the same message saying something about T&L required and not being supported by the adapter, I have narrowed this down to the graphics card and my graphics card is and nVidia gForce8 card and the game requires a gForce6 as the minimum graphics card. I have been wanting to kill me some feral ghouls (guess this post is sorta about zombie like creatures) and other nasties around the Las New Vegas area.

Update: I got the Fallout New Vegas up and running on my laptop computer. I did notice one thing with it being a STeam game, if I lose the disk and want to install it on a new computer I can download it through the steam network at no additional cost.

Right now I am at the very beginning, just did the face generation, time to go back and play the game.

2 comments:

  1. I had the same problem a while back... I just bought an X-Box and gave up on using a computer to play. Okay I can't use mods but I don't have to play the 'is my graphics card up to this' lottery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it to run on my laptop. w00t w00t. Will be playing it so probably wont be posting any new content for the next week or so.

    ReplyDelete